Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Post baby period affected by taking the pill

(1 Post)
Nafnaf Mon 21-Mar-16 20:41:37

After my baby was born my period didn't return until 11 months later (breastfed for 10 months). On the advice of my GP i started taking the pill on the first day of my period. However I then bled for over 8 weeks, the only way to stop it was to stop taking the pill. I should say i didn't double up on packets had the normal 7 day break in between packets but i bled through this.

So, my next period I did the same again, started taking the pill on the first day of my period. Same thing happened again, only this time I lasted 6 weeks before the bleeding got too much and stopped taking the pill.

I now haven't taken the pill for months, in the hope that if i give my body chance to sort out my cycle i can re start the pill again in a few months.

Before i got pregnant I was on the pill for 10 years+, never had any issues with it, periods were always really regular. I'm keen to go back on the pill asap, (less for contraception), my periods were much lighter pre-baby and I miss not being able to double up packets and skip my period for a month.
Has anybody else experienced this? Should I hold out a while longer, or just go back on the pill keep my fingers crossed and hope the bleeding eventually stops?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now