We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So scared right now-flippin' google

(7 Posts)
Purplelenses Sun 20-Mar-16 11:14:31

So I have say here looking at this blank box not knowing where to begin. Most prob tmi. Sorry in advance. Five years ago I had almost constant bleeding (almost a year long period but varying in heaviness) after a junior doctor put in an iud (which obv I had removed a few months later). I had lower abdo pain following that and was referred for bloods and us scan all NAD. Before IUD I had miscarried at 6weeks. Gynae consultant said body prob in shock from all and scans showed nothing wrong. Since then I had a baby and never had normal periods. Since last august I have seen three gps re irregular, sometimes extremely heavy periods (biggest tampons per hour not enough), pains in lower abdo/pelvic pain sometimes so severe it stops me in my tracks, bloating, weeing all the time, odd poo (thin and frequency odd), stomach feels full, feel pulling and pressure down there, some days I have been hit with an exhausted stick and can barely move, excess hair growth(I have to shave my legs etc every day and pluck nipples face and belly!), spotty the list goes on...i have high Bp residual from pre eclampsia apparently and take adalat for that. Bloods over last year show high bilirubin and rising high testosterone, us scan showed two fibroids in uterus one 10cm low down and one smaller, scan showed one ovary only(apparently normal). Have gynae appt next month and gp told me the bloods don't support fibroid or pcos but something else. No one has palpated my belly, no one has done ca125 blood test (I know it isn't reliable). I worry I have ovarian cancer. I am 34 and can't see what else it could all be. So...now you know all the gross things in my life right now (sorry about that) any knowledge or advice please?i am so worried but can't talk to my oh as he has depression and anxiety so this really won't help. Symptoms have self for worse since last August and are daily. Thank you for reading this ridiculously long post

redannie118 Sun 20-Mar-16 17:50:13

Hello op my sister had pcos and was misdiagnosed for years, she only got a proper diagnosis when she went to the Liverpool womens hospital. A lot of your symptoms seem to fit PCOS. It could also be endometriosis which is often trivialised but can be utterly awful. Have you asked your gp outright what the "something else" could be? Hate it whe gps are vague !!!

Purplelenses Sun 20-Mar-16 19:13:40

Hi, my gp is difficult to speak with she is an older Indian lady so I am waiting to ask the gynae all the questions. So worrying though

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sun 20-Mar-16 19:22:26

My doctor told me that although it can be seen in younger women Ovarian cancer is rare under the age of 50.

elspethmcgillicuddy Sun 20-Mar-16 19:28:46

Are you sure you haven't had a ca125? They may have done it and not specifically told you they were doing it.

AuntieStella Sun 20-Mar-16 19:36:54

If you have had a scan recently and it included your ovaries and they didn't see unusual growth, then ovarian cancer is extremely unlikely.

Has the diagnosis of adenomyosis been considered?

Purplelenses Sun 20-Mar-16 19:52:39

I haven't heard of that tbh. My bloods show rising high testosterone and high bilirubin though. The fact they didn't see my second ovary worries me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now