Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Toddler pressing tummy when eating

(2 Posts)
KissingFish Sat 19-Mar-16 13:20:15

Hi, our son is 2 next month and has always been fussy with his food. He will only eat certain foods and sometimes wont even eat his favourite foods (fish fingers and peanut butter sandwiches.)

We noticed a while ago he pressed his tummy button area sometimes when eating but it was only once or twice so we didn't worry about. Now he seems to do it daily. Only when he's eating. Do you think there could be something wrong with him? I have UC and get stomach pains when I eat sometimes and I just hope he doesn't have something like that.

I'll be taking him to the doctors on Monday I think but just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience of this sort of thing.

Aquamarine70 Sat 19-Mar-16 15:05:10

I'm not sure but would get him checked out. Maybe get a referral to a paediatrician. The fussy eating may get worse so best to get some early intervention. He could be having some tummy pain after eating. Could he be lactose or gluten intolerant?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now