Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What are your periods like? (TMI alert)

(7 Posts)
moveon Tue 15-Mar-16 23:10:26

Mine are getting heavier and containing more clots, usually on day 2 or 3.
This has been for a while now (maybe a year), and sometimes I can go to the toilet and use a super plus tampon and a towel, and 30mins later I am flooded. And, it's gross but I have been sitting on the toilet before and clots falling out.

I was standing on the train this morning and I felt a gush. Luckily it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past.

I am not feeling any more pain or discomfort, just the clots and at times the amount of blood.

Is this normal? Start of the change? Do I need to see a doctor?

I am 40, 1 child (8yo), single.

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 16-Mar-16 07:05:47

I would seek medical advice from your GP to begin with; that person may also refer you to a gynaecologist. I would ask for a referral if this is not mentioned.

You need to find out why this is happening, fibroids for example can cause heavy bleeding to arise.

WipsGlitter Wed 16-Mar-16 07:20:16

See a doctor. I had this got progressively worse over a year. Tried ponstan tablets made a bit of a difference. Saw a gynaecologist and I have a fibroid. Am on different tablets which made a bit of a difference (just taken them for one period). If they don't work I've to try something different. A mirena coil is supposed to help (I don't want that option).

There are options! GP appointment is a first step.

moveon Wed 16-Mar-16 08:15:08

Off to book an appointment. I didn't even think of fibroids.

tobee Wed 16-Mar-16 11:57:24

I had very similar flooding to you. Absolutely awful and I became very anaemic. With terrible symptoms. Diagnosed with a fibroid. Treated now. There are various options. Life is a million times better.

Pengillygirl Wed 16-Mar-16 14:36:44

Was just going to post a similar Query! Thank you! In the meantime any tips for coping with the heavy bloodloss? I had 2 night time pads in last night and woke up in a puddle. Not nice. Tia. X

tobee Wed 16-Mar-16 19:56:19

Tena incontinence pads, large size? Even that didn't always work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now