Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast mark

(5 Posts)
elizabeth27 Sat 12-Mar-16 22:04:04

Hi
I have noticed in the last two weeks a really pale mark on my left breast - a really pale redder circle below my nipple on the skin- it's not dry or orange peely etc just looks redder. I duly went to the doctor and she gave me an examination - couldn't feel anything or see anything but I went all blotchy as I was nervous so was tricky - she said if anything changes go back but she felt all was fine. The thing is I can see it and I'm wondering whether to go back for another opinion. I have some pain too but it's also in my shoulder blade which I am prone to so wondering if the pain is muscle strain. So has anyone had this redder skin on breast? Would you go back for another opinion or stop worrying ?? Sorry for the rambling. x

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sat 12-Mar-16 23:14:56

Yes go back, not to worry you, but there is inflammatory breast cancer. It is not a lump but redness.
Chances are it is something else, but do get another opinion.

Tanfastic Sun 13-Mar-16 07:52:05

Go and see another GP for a second opinion not because I think it's anything to worry about because I don't for one minute, but because you obviously do. You won't be able to rest until you do.

I got a second opinion last year re a breast issue and I'm glad I did (it put my mind at rest totally) and the GP was lovely about it and very thorough.

Sounds like it's just a spot or a rash, let's face it could be anything and if it was on your leg for eg you probably wouldn't give it a second thought.

Mention your concern is inflammatory breast cancer.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 13-Mar-16 08:12:59

Could you take a picture of it then ask for a second opinion? It would be easier for the Dr to see what they looking for then

elizabeth27 Sun 13-Mar-16 08:26:54

Thank you - the gp I saw was really nice and reassuring but then I went home and looked at the mark again! It really is so pale I can see why she couldn't see it. But I could try taking a photo that's a good idea thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now