Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Possibly the start of Chicken pox?

(7 Posts)
ProbablyMe Fri 11-Mar-16 21:44:43

My 12 year old son developed three spots on his chest three nights ago. Tonight there are more. He said that one of them had a blister on it earlier and fluid came out when he squeezed it (pleasant child!). He has had chicken pox before, as have his three older brothers but time has fuzzed out the details!! I know it is possible - although rare - to get it twice. Problem is that he's due to have surgery in ten days time so if it is I need to cancel his op and he's terrified of that as he's only just got his head around the whole idea poor boy (it's quite a big op).

I know that probably only time will tell but I'm worried now so was after some opinions! Doesn't help that I'm due to be induced in 8 weeks and we were really hoping to have the op over and done before baby arrives! (I've had chicken pox before btw).

ProbablyMe Fri 11-Mar-16 21:45:36

Here are the offending spots!!

Fanjango Fri 11-Mar-16 21:47:47

Sorry but that does look like the chicken pox. Expect more over the next few days

dementedpixie Fri 11-Mar-16 21:48:33

If it is chicken pox it should have crusted over within 10 days. I am not sure they look like chicken pox though.

SexNamesRFab Fri 11-Mar-16 21:50:21

DD has just had chicken pox. Her whole school seemed to get it, many children for the second time. It started out just as your DS looks. Sorry.

ProbablyMe Fri 11-Mar-16 21:52:29

I wasn't too sure either as they haven't. (Bar one according to DS anyway) developed blisters. I hope not. If they multiply or crust then I guess we'll be sure. I'll have to take him to the GP on Monday if necessary as we need to know before Wednesday as he has his pre-op appointment.

ProbablyMe Fri 11-Mar-16 21:54:04

I'm rather embarrassed that I can't remember but all four of mine had them at the same time when he was a baby (others were between 2 and 6) and I simply can't remember! Time and pregnancy sleep depravation is causing my brain to fuzz!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now