Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy Head!

(3 Posts)
JimbosJetSet Fri 11-Mar-16 12:07:32

So I have just spent the last 45 minutes going through my hair with a Nitty Gritty comb as per instructions. I realise it won't be as effective doing my own hair, but I think I've been pretty thorough and I've found a fair few white bits but nothing else.... What is wrong with my scalp?! The itching is driving me nuts, it's only been noticeable over the last month, and I have two DCs in primary school which made me suspicious... They are a bit itchy too, but I can't find anything in their hair (thorough visual inspection but nothing more).

JimbosJetSet Fri 11-Mar-16 12:17:01

I should add, I've had no experience of headlice since I was a child and had them myself, so I don't really know how obvious they would be if present...

Finola1step Fri 11-Mar-16 12:24:55

Watching with interest.

Sorry I can't offer a solution but I can sympathise. I too get a very itchy scalp, off and on. I do the nitty comb - nothing. I check the dc's hair weekly - nothing. My scalp often tingles, especially when I'm tired.

Its blimming annoying, isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now