Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any obstetricians/GPs around?

(5 Posts)
Nocoffeenouppee Wed 09-Mar-16 17:57:16

I had my first baby 2 years ago. A few weeks after I started having episodes of excruciating upper abdominal pain. Mainly epigastric but radiating around like a band. I thought it was gallstones (BMI 40) but had a normal ultrasound. It settled down and I didn't have it again for nearly 2 years until I had my second baby 6 weeks ago (baby was 3 weeks old when it first happened). I've had it for most of today but some periods when it's worse than others. I've vomited a few times but it hasn't made any difference. My GP doesn't know what this is so I thought I'd open it to the wisdom of mumsnet. It seems odd that it's only occurred following pregnancies.

Badders123 Sat 12-Mar-16 15:37:47

It's gallstones
Go and get another scan
Very very common for them to he caused by pregnancy

LuluJakey1 Sat 12-Mar-16 19:45:58

If they are like tiny gravel they sometimes don't show on ultrasound scans voiceofexperience

PacificDogwod Sat 12-Mar-16 19:49:36

We can guess all night long, but you need RL advice, maybe further investigations beyond an USS.

Could be:
- gall bladder 'gravel'
- gall bladder spasm without stone disease
- stomach related
- pancreas related
- any number of other things that I cannot think of just now, sorry.

See your GP, ask for gastroenterology referral and brace yourself for an endoscopy or even ERCP to look at your bile duct etc.

Have you had any blood tests done in the past?

Smittenkitten2015 Sat 12-Mar-16 19:54:41

I've had gallstones and those were my symptoms. Avoid all fat as that sets it off and go back to the docs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now