Talk

Advanced search

Is My Cervix Normal?

(3 Posts)
thewocketinyourpocket Mon 07-Mar-16 23:03:18

I'm sorry to post something so... intimate... but this is something I've been paranoid about forever. I'm not sure if my cervix is "normal" or not. None of my doctors have ever said anything about it during exams, so I don't think I have a problem, but it's still something I'm obsessively curious about.

I've uploaded a picture to kind of illustrate what I'm talking about. It seems that in photos I see online, the cervix is circular with a hole in the middle, like a thick donut with a tiny hole. But my cervix feels like two triangular pieces, with one "flap" being longer than the other and the hope being a slit between the two. When I examine my cervical position, the first thing I touch is the uppermost tip of the larger "flap", and the hole/slit is on the left hand side of the whole shenanigan. If you hold your thumb against the highest knuckle of your index finger, that is exactly what my cervix feels like.

Is this normal??? Is anyone else like this, or am I just weird???

OP’s posts: |
Njay99 Tue 30-Apr-19 07:56:38

I am so glad you posted this because I felt the same thing on mine today. Your picture is identical to what I am feeling. I have recently started using menstrual cups the past 4 months and love it, so much cleaner and safer, but now I'm afraid it caused this change to cervix. I can't find anyone with same issue/question or any answers online anywhere. I am bummed no one has replied to you about it...did you ever figure this out?

kaffee Thu 09-Jan-20 10:15:56

Hi Njay99,

I have the very same thing going on and I cannot find anything about it on the net. I am a cup user, too, I started it years after I gave birth to my son and have been using it for at least 3 years now. I remember that at the beginning I had one time that the suction of the cup was very strong, it actually gave me cramps. It was then when I first felt that my cervix has the shape of what is on the drawing of the OP and I also was kind of worried that it might have been the cup causing it.
To be honest before I started using the cup I never really touched my cervix so I cannot tell it for sure how long this shape has been there. The other thing I can imagine is that it was the pregnancy/labour that caused this shape unless it was like this all along which again I cannot confirm nor deny.

I haven't been to an obgyn since I discovered this but had a cervical screen by a nurse and she was not saying anything (although I didn't ask). Let me know if you actually find out something about this, as I am very curious, too. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »