Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH fell in shower and banged his head

(6 Posts)
Titsywoo Mon 07-Mar-16 19:23:50

DH called me this morning when I was on the school run to say could I come home as he had slipped and hurt himself. He trod on the new non slip bath mat and the whole thing moved so he fell and whacked his head on the sink and his elbow and leg trying to catch himself. There is a slight split right behind his ear (in the crease) and he cut his elbow. He didn't lose conciousness or have any other worrying head injury symptoms apart from being a bit grumpy today and a bit of a headache. Looking on the NHS site we decided to keep an eye on him. He is feeling very achy from being bruised but has stayed awake with no issues all day. Now he is saying he will go to bed early with some paracetomol.

I'm just wondering if this is the right thing to do or if I should be getting him to A&E (not that he will go if I tell him to!). He seems fine apart from the grumpiness and the body aching.

hugoagogo Mon 07-Mar-16 19:27:30

Hmm, head bumps are always a worry.

Could you call 101 for advice?

KarmaBiatch Mon 07-Mar-16 19:31:31

Take him to a&e. Head injuries (even if you think they are minor) are not to be messed with.

Not to freak you out, but i know of a family who lost a young member in similar circumstances just last year. He slipped in the bath,didn't take any medical advice and died from an aneurism. It was beyond tragic for all those involved.

Please march him down. Better safe..

Good luck.

BoreOfWhabylon Mon 07-Mar-16 19:36:05

Ring 111 and they will assess him - the assessment is v thorough and NICE-compliant.

hugoagogo Mon 07-Mar-16 20:00:51

Oh gosh yes 111.blush

hugoagogo Tue 08-Mar-16 15:20:25

How is he today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now