Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

convinced it is crohns flare

(3 Posts)
80schild Mon 07-Mar-16 12:59:46

My GP has suggested I have tests for crohn's disease after having a month of stomach cranps, indigestion and diarrhoea. However, before she can refer me she suggested blood test and stool sample to rule out an infection. I have done these tests now (blood test this morning) and waiting for the results. Until now the thougt of waiting ha been okay but today I feel so shit it is unbelievable. I feel dizzy, struggling to eat anything because of really bad heartburn, diarrhoea and can hardly even walk up the stairs before feeling out of breath. The nurse this morning said I had low blood pressure. Test results back on Wednesday, so will probably see her Thurs^/fei. I want to wait until then but I just feel too ill to wait and I can't function at all today. Should I wait or see if I can get something to help alleviate my symptoms.

gobbin Mon 07-Mar-16 22:24:25

I think I would ring your GP in the morning and ask their advice. Low residue diet, some Dioralyte and plenty of rest until you can get seen.

80schild Tue 08-Mar-16 00:59:42

Thank you for that advice. It has been a tough day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now