Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Missed Period?

(4 Posts)
ihearttc Sat 05-Mar-16 21:48:11

Desperately trying not to panic but I have missed a period and I have no idea why...and no there is no possible way I can be pregnant.

Last period was 19th January and I had a smear test done 2 weeks later (don't know if thats relevant) but have got results back and its all ok. Im 39 and Ive got 2 children so Im assuming its a little early for the menopause especially as Ive got no other symptoms.

Ive also got Rheumatoid Arthritis and Pernicious Anaemia but have had no problems with my periods up until now. I take Hydroxychloroquine for the RA.

Any ideas?

digerd Sat 05-Mar-16 22:11:52

At 39 it is possible to have the Perimenopause which can make periods become erratic.
Although night sweats and other symptoms are common not every woman experiences them.

Thyroid problems can also cause missing periods.

EBearhug Sat 05-Mar-16 22:18:28

Have you been under any stress? I missed one after my mother died.

ihearttc Sun 06-Mar-16 10:01:37

Hmm maybe I should go to GP then and see what the say.

Well Ive been under a little stress...my husband has moved abroad to work for 2 years but Ive been under more stress than that before and they haven't been affected so hadn't really thought of that.

Will perhaps see if anything happens this month and then take it from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now