Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Record year for viruses and bugs or what??

(4 Posts)
li33i Sat 05-Mar-16 09:25:52

Is it me? Or has this year so far been THE most appalling ever for lingering viruses, bugs and illness? It feels as though our family has been ill for weeks now, starting with a flu-type bug, followed by lingering chesty coughs and then further cold with fevers, sinuses, headaches, coughs again. I am worn out from it all, looking after our boy who had a frighteningly high fever last wk, we ended up at the local hospital. He seems ok now, but still coughing. Then I caught it again, now on antibios. Had enough of it all! Anyone else had similar? X

Quoteunquote Sat 05-Mar-16 13:03:17

You do have a working carbon monoxide detectors?

Get them all into hand washing, super obsessive style, it really works.

Encourage with nice soaps, and pump soaps at all basins and sinks. Don't bother with antibacteria soap, it makes no difference.

print a poster out, and make sure they understand putting unwashed hands in mouths will make you ill

Atenco Sun 06-Mar-16 00:20:00

Excellent advice, "Quote". Also try to avoid antibiotics as much as reasonably possible, because they knock your defenses and then you pick up the next thing going.

YokoUhOh Sun 06-Mar-16 00:28:23

Yes. Everything. Two episodes of croup for DS, one requiring hospitalisation, various bugs and I was exposed to scarlet fever (pregnant) and had to have antibiotics. DS is coughing in his sleep as I type, having been off nursery with a mystery bug last week. All of his little friends have been poorly, numerous times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now