Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Doctors or opticians?

(6 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 04-Mar-16 13:39:08

For the last week or so my right eye has been flickering. It's not painful but weird. Years ago one of the nerves that helps to hold the eye in the right place stopped working and I went cross eyed.
I am a tad concerned as it's the same eye.
Should I make a doctors appt, go to the optician or just relax and hope it goes away?

loopyloo87 Fri 04-Mar-16 15:04:44

I would go to the optician as it's their field and they have the equipment to check inside your eye ..It's probably quicker to see an optician than the Dr as well. .

OzzieFem Fri 04-Mar-16 18:01:51

Yes, optician. In Oz they can refer you to a specialist if necessary.

CMOTDibbler Fri 04-Mar-16 18:02:59

Optician as the first call

BikeRunSki Fri 04-Mar-16 18:12:02

I'd have thought that either would refer you to a eye hospital.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Fri 04-Mar-16 18:14:45

Go to the opticians. Going to your Dr will just be a "go and get an eye test" conversation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now