Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How do I make a complaint about a private physio?

(5 Posts)
TheWatchersCouncil Fri 04-Mar-16 10:04:45

Considering making a complaint about a physio seen privately in London.

It looks like the Health and Care Professions Council is the way to go. Does anyone know if this is correct or if there is another organisation I should be approaching (either as well as or in preference to)?

The physio in question is the clinic owner, so there is no point raising it with her manager, as she does not have one.

Thank you!

KirstyJC Fri 04-Mar-16 10:07:10

Yes, I would contact the HCPC if the physio isn't employed by anyone else.

TheWatchersCouncil Fri 04-Mar-16 10:31:53

Thank you.

PollyPerky Fri 04-Mar-16 11:03:56

I thought physios had their own professional body- Royal college of physios or similar? All physios who practise have to belong to it.

hotandbothered24 Fri 04-Mar-16 11:08:10

They have a chartered society of physiotherapists CSP which is their professional society however they are regulated by the HCPC as are the other allied health professionals. If you go to the HCPC website there is plenty of guidance about making a complaint and you can also check the registration of the person you have seen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now