Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chronic Migraine, Vitamin supplements - recomendations

(2 Posts)
MEgirl Thu 03-Mar-16 21:34:52

DS (16) has been diagnosed with chronic migraine. His neurologist has recommended that he take C0Q10 (60mg), Vit B2 (200mg) and magnesium (200mg). Our pharmacist gave us Solgar products which is fine. However, they don't come in the recommended doses.

The B2 is 100mg so he'll need 4 tablets and the magnesium is 400mg so he'll have to halve a tablet. If we need to do that we will however, before I open the bottles I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with any other products. I've found a few online but no brands that I've seen before and am wary of buying something I've never heard of.

I'm hoping to pop in to Holland and Barrett tomorrow and another local HF shop to see what they can recommend.

amarmai Thu 03-Mar-16 23:03:45

I was told to take vit B2, vit D and magnesium citrate for migraine and have been doing so for about 6 mths. I have stopped taking as much as was told as i found it was too expensive. But still seem to work except occasionally i supplement with feverfew leaves.I get whichever brand is cheapest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now