Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cats and asthma

(4 Posts)
Buriedalive Thu 03-Mar-16 20:06:31

I've had my cat for only 4 months but in that time I've had problems with my asthma twice. I was using a purple inhaler everyday as told (sorry i don't know all the different names!) but I began to rely on my blue was too much. On a bad day I could use it up to about 10 times. The nurse couldn't understand why they wasn't working, and prescribed me a brown one, which worked for a few weeks but now I'm back to square one. I do have a cat but surly if I was allergic to him I'd be like this constantly?

stayathomegardener Thu 03-Mar-16 20:23:56

Does you cat sleep on your bed?
I can tolerate cats pretty well now and havn't had Asthma for years but if I sleep on a pillow that the cat has been on I get an Asthma cough.

Kummerspeck Thu 03-Mar-16 20:26:50

We had to rehome our cats as my asthma got too bad

I can't understand what they are doing with your inhalers as, usually, the brown is for less severe asthma than the purple

amarmai Thu 03-Mar-16 23:06:38

Yes to cat sleeping on the pillow sent me to Hospital. It was my dd's cat and when my gs became allergic, i became the new owner-then i became allergic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now