Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Normal after surgery?

(2 Posts)
HoggleHoggle Wed 02-Mar-16 12:12:46

I had keyhole surgery 5 weeks ago for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy.

There are 3 incisions - around both tube areas and also in and just below my belly button. All are healing very well in terms of what I can see but I'm concerned about the belly button incision under the skin - immediately below it I have at least an inch of very hard 'matter' and it's becoming sore to touch. Nothing looks amiss on the surface and the other two incisions aren't hard or sore at all when I touch them.

I'm assuming the belly button incision is hard from scar tissue forming - does that sound right? And if so, is it usual for it to be sore to touch?

I'm trying to avoid going to the doctor for a non-issue so any advice really appreciated, thank you. In case relevant, I was discharged within 24 hours of surgery and haven't had any post-op checks once home.

Chocolateporridge Wed 02-Mar-16 12:20:47

Could it be the glue they use to seal the incision together? Mine set very hard in my belly button after a gall bladder removal. Just a thought, but it wouldn't hurt to ask your GP to have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now