Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I wet myself today :(

(7 Posts)
Titsywoo Tue 01-Mar-16 18:36:47

I have had issues for a few years with leaking urine and wetting myself a bit when I sneeze/cough/fart but today I needed the loo (not very badly) and as I was standing undoing my trousers it suddenly started happening and I couldn't stop it. Thankfully I was at home and I just had to change my trousers and mop the floor but I felt really tearful sad What could this be? I do have endometriosis and currently have a large endometrioma (11cm) which is being watched but that has been there about 2 years.

Muriqui Tue 01-Mar-16 19:37:35

Don't worry! But do go and see your dr.
This is what is known as 'stress incontinence'. It's is very common in women, especially after a pregnancy.
There are several possible reasons. The weight of the endometrioma could be pressing on your pelvic floor (like having a full bladder even when it isn't really full). Or you could have a mild bladder infection. Both are very treatable. For example special exercises can help to strengthen the pelvic floor but several other treatments are available if exercises are not enough on their own.
You DON'T have to live with this!!

outtheothersidefinally Tue 01-Mar-16 19:45:19

No, you don't! Try Mutu - it's amazing! And read everything by Katy Bowman.

outtheothersidefinally Tue 01-Mar-16 19:45:47

mutusystem.com/

Titsywoo Tue 01-Mar-16 19:59:42

Thanks ladies - yes I think the cyst is a big part of the problem but currently very difficult to remove without a major op because of the intensive adhesions in my pelvis. Last baby was born 9 years ago but this problem started maybe 5 years ago and has been getting worse. I was told my pelvic floor was weak many years ago and even got myself some odd contraptions to try to deal with it but hated using them then forgot about them so it's my own fault really. I will read that website thanks. I'm starting to worry that I smell of wee and am wearing tena which feels a bit sad at my age (37). I guess it is relatively common really.

Musicaltheatremum Tue 01-Mar-16 22:25:15

Sounds like a mixture of stress and urge incontinence. Go and see you GP. you are very young and need to get this sorted sympathetically.

Muriqui Wed 02-Mar-16 11:32:02

I agree with musicaltheatremum - if you've tried to deal with it on your own and it's not worked, you really need to raise it with your dr. It's time. You have MANY years of life ahead of you! You need to be able to run around with your kids, jump on trampolines, and laugh without worrying smile
Big hugs. Now off you go xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now