Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is there something to worry about?

(4 Posts)
TameImpala Mon 29-Feb-16 14:44:35

I'm nearly 36 with 2 DC, youngest nearly 2 and a half. I think since she was born, but not straight away, I've had night sweats leading up to and during my period and very occasionally at other times of the month. In the last 6 months or so a few periods have lasted 2-3 days longer than normal but they've still been regular to start. Not every month though.
No spotting between periods or anything. Does this sound like peri-menopause or similar?

georgetteheyersbonnet Mon 29-Feb-16 14:49:02

Do you weigh more than normal after your DD? I've had periods of night sweats with PMT and early in my period, on and off since I was about 26, both before and after DC. They tend to happen when I'm a bit over my usual weight - oestrogen is affected by how much fat you're carrying so can cause amplified PMS symptoms like night sweats and so on. My GP didn't seem to think this was related to perimenopause when I asked her (I'm 38).

TameImpala Mon 29-Feb-16 14:55:27

No I'm lighter than before both DC, top end of healthy bmi

TameImpala Mon 29-Feb-16 17:45:33

I will go to the GP as soon as I get a chance but I've been saying that for months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now