Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

colonoscopy help

(3 Posts)
BuyMeAPony Sun 28-Feb-16 23:52:12

Hello. I have to have a colonoscopy and gastroscopy tomorrow (am quietly s($tting myself if you'll pardon the pun), so need to take the Prep C drinks later today.

I have to start at 3pm, and then have next drink at 4pm, next at 5pm. With school age DCs, the timing is not that handy. I've got DH coming home to do pick up/music lesson/dance lesson taxi driving, but can anyone tell me when I'll be at my worst/ most stuck to the toilet?

My 8yo is a worrier and I've told her I might be in bed later as I have to take some nasty medicine. (I'll be in the ensuite). She launched straight into, "Are you going to die?" So just wondering if anyone can prepare me for how it will go after 3pm?! Thank you so much.

AveEldon Mon 29-Feb-16 11:31:18

Were you given diet advice re what to eat? The less you eat before the prep the less you will be on the loo

BuyMeAPony Mon 29-Feb-16 22:37:03

Hi. Thanks for replying. You're right- it wasn't too bad because I'd had really bland food the day before and then only clear broth on the day. It's all done now, I hope and I'm off to the hospital in half an hour. My head hurts but I'm not dehydrated.

If anyone chances upon this thread in a search, the worst of the pooing was between 3 and 5 hours after taking the first drink. I was fine to go to bed 7 hours after the first drink and no accidents smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now