Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Granulomatosis with angiitis?

(2 Posts)
OneWaySystemBlues Sun 28-Feb-16 12:26:05

My mum's just been diagnosed with this after months of tiredness then developing numbness and pain in her feet. She's been given Prednisone which she's not having problems with, but is starting Methotrexate tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience of this disease, which is a rare form of vasculitis, or of Methotrexate? I had it years ago for Hodgkin's Lymphoma, but at a much larger dose for cancer; I was lucky enough to just feel fluey the day after and not feel sick at all, but having read up on it I'm really worried about the possible effects on my mum. She's 84 and already absolutely exhausted from the disease and I don't know how best to help her, especially as I live 2-3 hours away. Any experience anyone? She's been given folic acid to help minimise side effects.

OneWaySystemBlues Sun 28-Feb-16 16:16:59

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now