Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Persistent breast pain; GP not interested.

(3 Posts)
mishmash1979 Thu 25-Feb-16 16:07:59

For 2.5 years now I have had breast pain in my left breast. I immediately went to GP and she had a good feel, found no lumps and told me to take EPO. This made no difference do I went back 3m later and a different GP suggested it could be muscular so sent me for physio. This did very little either. By this point the pain worse but still on and off and started to move down my arm to elbow. After breaking down in tears 9m ago (after 18m+ of unexplained pain and mum recently diagnosed with BC) GP sent me for mammogram at breast clinic which I had last August. They said no lumps it's just hormonal and take high strength EPO and cut out caffeine. Pain subsided for a bit and then since November it's been almost constant. Am currently having more physio which is doing bollock all and am now in constant pain in breast, chest, through to shoulder and gown left arm. On Sunday I was sick as it was so painful. I am 37 and I am terrified they have missed something and Doctors said not to come back unless I have new symptom. Am checking for lumps like crazy (boobs r lumpy though!!!) and not sure what else to do; surely I can't be in this much pain with no identifiable reason???

Tanfastic Thu 25-Feb-16 22:04:40

I'm no expert but it doesn't strike me like it's breast related, more that the pain in your breast is referred pain from your chest wall or shoulder?

mishmash1979 Fri 26-Feb-16 17:54:07

Yes; I am hoping this is what it is but I am in constant daily pain and GP believes it's just anxiety related as mum has BC but pain is there for a reason surely and I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now