Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anybody had HALO-RAR surgery? I'm meeting my surgeon later this week to discuss it...

(1 Post)
dontcryitsonlyajoke Mon 22-Feb-16 17:10:32

I have a rectocele and skin tags associated with hemorrhoids following the birth of DC3 18 months ago. I've had a defecating proctogram and ARP studies done and had a letter from my surgeon to say I am a good candidate for HALO-RAR to fix it. I asked for a meeting to discuss it which is later this week.

I'm going to ask about any alternatives, the implications longer term or not having it, the success rate and the recovery period. But I'd love to hear from anybody who has had it about your experiences of the surgery and your suggestions of what questions I should be asking of my surgeon.

I'm particularly concerned about the recovery period given I have 3 children, a job, a husband who is out at work 12 hours a day and I really enjoy exercise etc. Realistically, how long will I be out of action completely, how long will it be before I can carry my toddler, how long before I can exercise again and how long before I will feel completely normal?

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now