Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone identify this mark?

(10 Posts)
BeAwesomeOrDontBother Sun 21-Feb-16 09:54:43

My boyfriend has this mark on his back, it's definitely not a birthmark as its new, to me it looks kind of like a bruise but he is a hypochondriac worrier so just thought I'd check on here!

MissTeriName Sun 21-Feb-16 10:06:08

Looks like the kind of bruise I get when I get caught on the car door or bash against something with an edge. I get them a lot. <clumsy>

iklboo Sun 21-Feb-16 10:10:07

DH gets bruises like that when he's been to the gym.

PollyPerky Sun 21-Feb-16 13:42:06

He really ought to get it checked out.
It could be some sort of skin burn/ bruise/ scrape/graze where he's hit his back on something and not realised.

www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/type/melanoma/about/melanoma-symptoms This is for the worst types of skin cancer so don't worry too much! But he ought to get it checked asap, especially if he has ever had sunburn even as a child, or spent a lot if time in the sun.

lljkk Sun 21-Feb-16 13:46:58

bashed on something

Mrsmorton Sun 21-Feb-16 13:48:07

How long has it been there? How did he notice it? Has it changed at all? What does it feel like?

Tanfastic Sun 21-Feb-16 18:54:11

I'd leave it a few days to see if it disappears.

I also think it looks like the kind of pressure bruise I sometimes get if I bang against a sharp edge or something.

Sallyingforth Sun 21-Feb-16 19:01:51

Could you have caused it in the throes of passion smile

BeAwesomeOrDontBother Sun 21-Feb-16 20:49:07

Thanks for all your replies. I'm not sure how long he's had it, but less than a week as he didn't have it when I saw him last weekend.

mrsmorton he didn't notice it, I did yesterday and it still looks the same today. It feels flat and he said it doesn't hurt when it poke it.

sallying haha, that make me chuckle! But no, unfortunately not!

Mrsmorton Sun 21-Feb-16 22:57:08

Give it a week and compare it to the pic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now