Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cranberry Tablets

(3 Posts)
MaryPlain59 Wed 17-Feb-16 10:03:19

I am currently taking Trimethoprim antibiotics for an uti and wondered if taking daily cranberry tablets would be good to prevent further illness? I have googled but haven't been able to find out a definet answer.

Brionius Wed 17-Feb-16 12:41:14

I do this. I can't give you medical evidence but I take them daily and increase the dosage if I have a uti. But it's mainly because I can't face the juice anymore: apparently a glass a day is a good preventative. Although tbh since I upped my water intake my uti rate dropped! Was a little ashamed of my lack of healthy drinking!

MaryPlain59 Wed 17-Feb-16 20:01:51

Thanks Brionius, I have felt so miserable with this uti I would do anything to try to prevent another one. I have just bought some tablets in Holland and Barrett, it says take 3 a day and just wondered if you take 3 a day yourself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now