Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how do you clean a 'bottom' properly?

(45 Posts)
goadygoat Tue 16-Feb-16 22:17:21

Regular name-changer...

Is there a proper way to clean a bottom? Or is it as simple as wiping with tissue and then with water when you shower?

I hike a lot and get sweaty when I do. Sometimes the sweat in that area smells worse than it should... Any tips?smile

gamerchick Tue 16-Feb-16 22:20:52

I have to ask.. How have you been doing it up till now?

BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Tue 16-Feb-16 22:22:03

I have a good soap up in the shower.

BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Tue 16-Feb-16 22:22:30

I have a good soap up in the shower.

PollyPerky Tue 16-Feb-16 22:44:19

You mean as 'clean as a hippo'?
You've not been watching the Andrex moist adverts!

Moist unscented toilet wipes may help but tbh I bet you don't smell. I don't see why that area smells more than anywhere else.

The other way is to use soap in the shower and have a good rinse.

sh77 Tue 16-Feb-16 22:55:03

3 step proces. Tissue-water- tissue to dry. I have a special jug with a spout (you'll find them at the Asian shops - it's called a lota) which I use to pour water on myself. I then dry with tissue. I cannot imagine not using water every time I go to the loo especially during period time.

usual Tue 16-Feb-16 22:56:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lovelilies2 Tue 16-Feb-16 22:57:19

What do you do in public toilets sh77?
Or at friends' houses?

dementedpixie Tue 16-Feb-16 23:04:10

I use moist wipes to feel properly clean after the toilet and use shower gel when in the shower

Arfarfanarf Tue 16-Feb-16 23:18:02

By bottom you mean arse?? You wash with soap and water as often as possible.
If you smell - wash more.

Footle Tue 16-Feb-16 23:21:04

Wet wipes are good but I can't use them now I've seen the effect they have when flushed into the sewers. Tissue and water.

BackInTheRealWorld Tue 16-Feb-16 23:35:35

So can you actually smell the stink from your own arse then, just going about your day?

goadygoat Wed 17-Feb-16 16:21:44

Thanks for the responses.

I called it a 'bottom' because I didn't want MN to think I was a troll!

When cleaning, how far into the hole should you go? Or should you just wash the outside?

dementedpixie Wed 17-Feb-16 16:24:40

Wash the outside, no need to stick anything up your bum!

FuckyNell Wed 17-Feb-16 16:26:41

shockgrin

VinceNoirLovesHowardMoon Wed 17-Feb-16 16:27:41

Jesus! How are you an adult without knowing how to wash your arse?
Loo roll after a poo, a couple of wipes to make sure it's all clean. Daily shower with soap or shower gel (arse not vag) and have a flannel wash more regularly if you feel sweaty or smelly. Don't put things up your bum unless you want to for some other purpose.

FrozenPonds Wed 17-Feb-16 16:28:29

I'd love to know what name you normally post under grin.

Just give it a good scrub with a bottle brush. That'll do it.

Floggingmolly Wed 17-Feb-16 16:29:28

How far up should you go... Are you fucking serious?

R0nJ0n Wed 17-Feb-16 16:29:31

Try wiping a few drops of tea tree oil around your sweaty, ahem, area amd see if that gets rid of the smell. It'll feel a little bit tingly for a few minutes but will soon wear off (don't insert tea tree inside your anus or get it in your vaginal area though). It works for stinky arm pits as well.

P1nkP0ppy Wed 17-Feb-16 16:31:26

I can't believe you've lived this long without managing, seriously freaky question imo.

mrsmeerkat Wed 17-Feb-16 16:32:28

Oh dear ..

Not even funny

usual Wed 17-Feb-16 16:34:14

donajimena Wed 17-Feb-16 16:34:21

If you can't get tea tree a good dollop of vicks does wonders

usual Wed 17-Feb-16 16:35:58

R0nJ0n Wed 17-Feb-16 16:36:49

I'm not suggesting tea tree oil as an alternative to washing, just to clarify. For some people, and I'm one of them, a combination of body chemistry and bacteria can cause evil smells in sweaty areas. I wash a LOT, but soap and water alone isn't always enough and I need something to kill the smell making bacteria as well and tea tree oil does the job for me. Some people use hand sanitiser for the same thing, I wouldn't put that on a bum though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now