Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Noro or migraine? 12 year old girl

(7 Posts)
Elibean Tue 16-Feb-16 15:27:44

Is there any way of telling which, and any tips to help dd? She had a headachey morning, was fine at lunchtime, then threw up violently at around 2.30 followed by blinding headache behind one eye and is now pale, feeling sick and wimpering with the pain though trying to sleep.

It totally reminds me of when I had migraines start at her age, though I was never physically sick. At what point should I worry/call doctor or a helpline? Anything other than calpol (which hasn't helped) that I can give her? She's noise and light sensitive right now, understandably, and wants to be left alone.

Minisoksmakehardwork Tue 16-Feb-16 15:42:23

Sounds like one of my migraines. I tend to take paracetamol and ibuprofen together and once I've thrown up enough I can sleep it off in a dark room with a fan going to keep me cool.

haggisaggis Tue 16-Feb-16 15:44:33

dd (13) gets migraines - generally starts with visual disturbance or sometimes a tingly feeling in her mouth followed by head pain, throwing up, more head pain and sleep (so does sound like your dd). We took her to the gp when she had her first at around age 11 but he was not particularly bothered unless they became much more frequent. I reckon she has only 2 - 3 a year. A cold pack really helps dd -and a dark room. Painkillers she tends to to throw up. But if you are worried phone the GP.

slebmum1 Tue 16-Feb-16 15:45:13

I have no experience of migraine but it doesn't sound like noro at all. Hope she feels better soon.

CMOTDibbler Tue 16-Feb-16 15:46:44

Sounds like a migraine to me. Leave her alone in the dark to try and sleep it off is about all you can do tbh.
Then make a GP appointment to talk about it, as you should get first migraines checked out. If I take migraleve in my preheadache bit when I have the urge to crack my neck all the time, I can ward it off. Later than that and all that works is bed and bucket.

MadamDeathstare Tue 16-Feb-16 15:52:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadamDeathstare Tue 16-Feb-16 15:54:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now