Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Another flu question please - worried

(4 Posts)
Curiousflannel Wed 10-Feb-16 23:10:15

Dd has been in bed since Sunday with what I think might be the flu. Headaches, muscle aches, high temperature, dizziness.

Her temperature is still up and down, controlled with paracetamol, but i thought it would have settled by now. She is now complaining of calf pain.

Is this normal or should I be taking her to the doctor? She's 17 (and I'm a worrier!).

PennyHasNoSurname Wed 10-Feb-16 23:11:59

Im a week past my flu hitting and whilst im up and about Im really not right yet.

Calf pain is the latest in my symptoma along with day long nausea. I even peed on a stick I felt that nauseated (negative thank fuck!!).

anywinewilldonow Sat 13-Feb-16 16:38:44

I googled this to death a week ago as my DD got quite severe calf pain towards the end of a week long virus, possibly flu.

I was all for taking her to A and E, but then stumbled across benign acute myositis, which fitted her symptoms exactly, so we waited a few days and it gradually disappeared.

Hope your DD is OK now. Weird symptom though. It had me very worried too!

Realitea Sat 13-Feb-16 17:08:46

If you're worried, theres no harm speaking with a doctor. Is the calf red or swollen? Does she have pain anywhere else?
Just keep an eye on it for now. You can get very achey with flu and it can last a while before improving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now