Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Asthma and steriods

(3 Posts)
foxy6 Mon 08-Feb-16 14:23:15

ive been bad for nearly 3 weeks now, coughing terrible, and I've lost my voice now. the Dr said its was my Asthma and gave me steroid tablets for 5 days,i had a peek flow reading of 200. it helped but didn't go completely, I've just been back today and have another coarse of steroids and my peek flow is now 300. i'm not sure what it should be i haven't checked it i'm years, but i know i used to be able to hit around the 500 mark. I've never had steroid tablets for before. anyone with experience with them? is this second lot likely to bring things back to normal? the dr also want me to have a chest xray.

Clarella Sat 13-Feb-16 15:17:13

I would honestly phone asthma uk. I've found them utterly wonderful.

Hope you feel better soon. Id take the steroids, it's inly a short course (I was a in a state before I did 4 weeks ago, but they do help!)

foxy6 Sat 13-Feb-16 20:43:00

Thanks for the reply. I am feeling better now, can actually sleep. I've still got more to take so hopefully by time I finish them I will be back to normal. I've never needed tablets for my asthma before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now