Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Is GP the only option for checking out concerns re breasts?

(3 Posts)
GruffalosDad Mon 08-Feb-16 11:28:11

Have tried to get a GP appointment, but it'd be easier to find a needle in a haystack!

Anywhere else I could go?!

I expect I just need reassurance really that there's nothing serious to worry about. A bit of pain / discomfort in one breast, but from what I've read online pain in itself isn't usually a significant concern. Possibly that breast is larger relative to the other than it used to be as well, but difficult to tell. And every so often I get a feeling that reminds me of when it was full of milk (I stopped breastfeeding 2 years ago, so it certainly isn't!)

vjg13 Mon 08-Feb-16 12:20:43

I think you'll need the GP to refer you to a one stop clinic where you can be properly checked. Maybe will do so over the phone <hopeful>?

GruffalosDad Mon 08-Feb-16 18:12:20

Thanks. Yes, I think that's what needs to be done. If I can get hold of a gp!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: