Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

period question

(4 Posts)
WorthMoreThanThat Sun 07-Feb-16 22:18:09

Hi just after some advice or wondering if anyone can stop me from worrying so much right now! My youngest is 2 1/2 I breastfed him up until a week after he turned 2 (unsure if this is relevant) I had never had a period since having him. A month ago I had my first period...it lasted a few days and stopped, 4 days later it was back, this has happened now for the whole month. Every time I think it's gone within 4 days I start bleeding again. Really starting to panic now as to what's going on. I am also on the pill, cerazette! Thanks

dementedpixie Sun 07-Feb-16 22:22:05

How long have you been taking cerazette ? It can cause erratic bleeding

WorthMoreThanThat Sun 07-Feb-16 22:22:45

2 years now and never bled at all until now. Think that could still be the cause??

dementedpixie Sun 07-Feb-16 22:27:42

Wonder if stopping breastfeeding has made your hormones go haywire. Maybe see a gp just to double check. If you are no longer bf you may now have the option of the combined pill again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now