Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vertigo is back

(5 Posts)
Millionairerow Sat 06-Feb-16 14:58:06

I have experienced dizziness on and off for 5 years. Never been to Drs. Usually goes away eventually. I generally get it after colds, swimming or long flights. Should I be worried. This time it's really bad and feeling sick. I have a cold but its such a minor cold I don't know how I could feel such profound diZiness with it.

nmg85 Sat 06-Feb-16 23:32:08

I also get vertigo after I have a cold or any other type of virus. I have some tablets from the dr to take when it is bad, usually passes I a few days but does make me feel awful for that time. See how you feel and if no better the. Maybe try the dr as the tablets definitely help especially for the nausea.

Themodernuriahheep Sat 06-Feb-16 23:40:20

Sounds like an inner ear issue , though not a medic here. Go to the dr. Could be you have got a virus, could be something minute in your inner ear.

80sMum Sat 06-Feb-16 23:49:59

I get vertigo every now and then. I think it's something that happens more as people get older. Something to do with small particles breaking free and swirling about in the inner ear. It's called BPPV

80sMum Sat 06-Feb-16 23:54:41

If it's very bad, you might benefit from taking an anti emetic, like sea sickness tablets.
I'm fortunate in that mine never lasts longer than a few hours at a time and keeping completely still stops me feeling sick until it goes away again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now