Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Endometriois shoulder pain - help!

(5 Posts)
vvviola Tue 02-Feb-16 16:53:46

Previous doc (have since moved country) reckoned that the shoulder pain I get about twice a year a couple of days before my period is related to endometriois. She also reckons it was the reason for my horrible periods as a teen/in my 20s, but that as it hadn't appeared to affect my fertility, no-one was particularly bothered to look into it further. Doc's advice was if I was getting the pain to run 2 packs of pill into each other to reduce the incidence of it.

I'm doing that at the moment (1st weekend away in over a year coming up and didn't fancy AF at the same time). But the shoulder pain has started today and it's awful. Painkillers (have tried paracetamol and nurofen as that's what I have in the office) aren't touching it, and I feel like I'm going to vomit.

Any tips on ways to ease the pain? It always used to keep going until my period arrived, which means 3 weeks of this and a miserable weekend away

Any ideas?

fusspot66 Tue 02-Feb-16 16:56:07

Is there any chance at all you could have an ectopic pregnancy?

vvviola Tue 02-Feb-16 17:09:46

No, I really don't think so. It did cross my mind briefly, but I don't think the various cycle dates etc would make it possible at all. I've no other pain or bleeding either, so seeing as I've had this pain before at a similar stage in my cycle (about 4 days before my period is due), I'm putting it down to the endometriois.

vvviola Wed 03-Feb-16 12:24:48

Just bumping in case anyone has any ideas. Nurofen plus and a hot bath seemed to help last night in keeping it under the "making me want to vomit" level of pain, but it's beginning to ramp up again. sad

Jenga2703 Wed 03-Feb-16 16:52:33

I don't have much advice personally re endometriosis but have you tried endometriosis-uk.org - they have some fact sheets etc on there and I think support groups where you can ask questions?

I only recently learned what endometriosis was and I'm sorry you're having to go through it! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now