Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Varicose veins - what are your experiences?

(2 Posts)
allegretto Sun 31-Jan-16 21:49:39

I have bad and painful varicose veins - as well as looking rubbish they really hurt. A few years ago I had one stripped - it came back within a year with a vengeance! My doctor says I can have another one stripped but really, what is the point if it is just going to come back? I presume they can't strip them forever! I was wondering if anyone had any treatments that worked - or even whether losing weight would help? I am not overweight (BMI 23) but I have flabby legs - maybe if I could slim my legs the veins would work better??! Not sure how though... Also I am not in the UK and nobody has suggested anything apart from stripping veins here but I have heard that there are newer treatments in the UK. I would love to hear from anyone who has had one! Thanks.

amarmai Tue 02-Feb-16 22:25:57

had them since my 3 pregnancies and just decided to live with them as i am afraid that this stripping of surface veins forces blood flow through deeper veins and cd cause thrombosis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now