Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just a virus, or should I see a doctor?

(9 Posts)
Olivo Sun 31-Jan-16 13:42:24

For. A few days, my chest has really hurt - feels kind of bruised inside. I don't have a cough, or sore throat or anything ,and I am not out of breath. It hurts front and back and I am quite achey all over. Does this just sound like a virus, or should I try and get an appt with the doctor?

Natsku Sun 31-Jan-16 14:27:55

That sounds rather like what I have been suffering with. Does it hurt more if you press your chest? Is there any swelling? Does it hurt more when you breathe? I went to the doctor with this and I was told its Tietze Syndrome. Got better with rest but I overdid it yesterday in the snow and it came back again but seems to have disappeared now.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 31-Jan-16 14:29:44

Would suggest you go and see your doctor; that person needs to listen to your chest.

FlatOnTheHill Sun 31-Jan-16 14:45:14

Chest infection

Olivo Sun 31-Jan-16 14:49:23

It hurts a little bit more when I breathe in and out but no coughing, which I usuallŷ get with a chest infection. Tried my inhalers, didnt seem to make any difference this time.

Guess I'd better try and get an apt this week.

Olivo Mon 01-Feb-16 21:38:56

You were right, eneded up being sent for a chest X-ray and various tests. All the nasties ruled out, it is similar to what you had , Natsu. Now have to try and get some rest.

Natsku Tue 02-Feb-16 05:42:57

Hope you get better soon.

Olivo Tue 02-Feb-16 12:21:55

Thanks, feeling so sore!

Natsku Tue 02-Feb-16 16:43:39

Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs are the best for this kind of pain so take some of them! I was unlucky as I can't take NSAIDs and paracetamol does sod all for this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now