Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

kicking codeine addiction , need successful stories to keep me motivated

(2 Posts)
happyNotanymore Sun 31-Jan-16 11:25:58

I just want to ask if any of mumsnetters or anyone they've know had successfully stopped codeine addiction ? I really need to stop , I'm waiting to hear from Respond CDTA ,in the meantime I need at least to tapper down a bit ,as I am really worried about my health and I'm afraid I might die very soon.
Thank you for reading

Lauresbadhairday Mon 01-Feb-16 17:00:30

It is definitely possible to beat codeine dependency if you are motivated to do so (it sounds like you are) and you get the right support. I would suggest talking to your GP and linking up with your local drug service. They will be able to advise on a safe reduction and also give you the right support. If you have been using codeine to help you cope with stress/as an emotional crutch/because you like the way it makes you feel etc, then you need to address this as part of your treatment to avoid relapse in the future. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now