Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Micronor and never ending period

(5 Posts)
lolly07 Sat 30-Jan-16 22:10:37

Hi, Im new here so I hope Im in the right place.

Ive been taking micronor for a while now and all has been well. Over time it has made my periods lighter (thank goodness) but this period has lasted for a month now. It is very light and my doctor says the mini pill can sometimes upset cycles, but Im getting concerned and Im definately fed up with bleeding all the time.

There is absolutely no way I could be pregnant. I plan on giving it another week then insisting my doctor actually does her job.

Has this happened to anyone else?

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Sat 30-Jan-16 22:14:37

I was on micronor for 6 months with light periods and then on month 7 I had a 18 day long period. It settled back to light after that but that one month was hellish

dementedpixie Sat 30-Jan-16 22:16:04

Micronor gave me fortnightly periods and I ended up on cerazette and that stopped them

dementedpixie Sat 30-Jan-16 22:17:03

Don't blame the doctor, mini pills do all sorts of things to your cycles. You just have to find the one that suits you best

lolly07 Sat 30-Jan-16 22:43:27

Thank you for your replies. It helps to hear from others who have gone through the same thing. I dont mean to sound like I am blaming the doctor. I am so grumpy this month and by period is showing no sign of going away.

I have been on this pill for well over a year without any issues ( cannot take oestrogen pills ). It has really helped settle my heavy and prolonged periods. I have gone from heavy bleeding for 3 weeks down to light, normal ones. For that I am very grateful.

My doctor suggested comimg off it altogether to see if my body will "reset" itself. That is a terrifying thought for me. I really dont want to go back to heavy bleeds again. I would rather put up with a light period for weeks rather than a heavy one.

I can only hope it resets itself. I was ill in late December. It was 3 weeks before I was properly better. I hope that is what has caused this episode.

Right now it feels like Im going to be on my period forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now