Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Burst ovarian cyst, what do I do?

(3 Posts)
Tribblewithoutacause Fri 29-Jan-16 16:19:03

I think I've had a burst ovarian cyst, I've had bad pain over the last few days (which OTC stuff didn't touch), break through bleeding mid cycle and a sore abdomen. Also had blood and protein in my urine. I cried when the urgent care doc palpated me.

I've been to a and e on the referral of the urgent care doc and they just prodded me and sent me home with stronger pain killers saying something about my tests being clear and it's just pain. If I'm honest, I'm feeling a bit let down by the health care system today.

What do I do now? My pain is still there and rumbling along.

PurplePotatoes Fri 29-Jan-16 20:13:57

Hi

I've had a burst cyst a few times and felt a bit fobbed off too. The first time my pain lasted a couple of weeks and I ended up going back to the GP and had a scan which showed a 4cm burst cyst but they didn't do anything as such. The second time the pain only lasted a day or so. Hot baths definitely helped flowers

Tribblewithoutacause Mon 01-Feb-16 21:28:32

Hi,

Thanks! I've actually complained about the doctor who treated me in the end. I've still got the pain, but it's not as bad as it was and I'm not needing pain killers anymore. Stupid how you're fobbed off if it's 'women's issues.'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now