Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bladder weakness post c section!

(4 Posts)
CoffeeAndOranges Mon 25-Jan-16 18:03:52

Had an emcs 8 weeks ago and until recently things were healing nicely with the scar etc. It's only in the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing a bit of bladder weakness. It's not much, more like a few drops seeping out, hardly noticeable apart from the unfortunate smell in my knickers blush. Maybe I had it before, it's only now I've noticed it.

I did my pelvic floor exercises all through pregnancy and have (intermittently) done them since ds arrived and wasn't expecting to have any issues since I didn't have a vaginal birth.

Could it be because I had a catheter inserted a couple of times during my epidural and after the op? And will it improve if I keep madly doing my pelvic floor exercises or do I need to see the go? I know it shouldn't be anything to be ashamed of but I am sad

stairway Mon 25-Jan-16 23:40:49

I had this after my c section first time round and surprisingly not after an instrumental vaginal birth this time round. Don't know why but it did go away by itself after about a year. I don't think it was a pelvic floor issue either.

Simmi1 Tue 26-Jan-16 06:30:45

I had this after my emcs a couple of years ago. I didn't do pelvic floor exercises in pregnancy or up until that point. I the did loads and it went away by itself after about a month.

CoffeeAndOranges Tue 26-Jan-16 06:56:38

Thanks, reassuring to know it's not just me and that it should improve. Will maybe mention it to HV, save traipsing to Drs again, and will get an app for pelvic floor exercises rather than just waiting till I see a tena lady ad!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now