Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

spots!

(1 Post)
JoMalones Sun 24-Jan-16 21:20:39

Ok, decided Dr Mumsnet might be better than the scary world of Dr Google.... Can anyone help?!

Felt very itchy on Wednesday so took an antihistamine which seemed to work. Today, I've woken up covered in spots. Red little pinprick sized spots. Absolutely covered on hands, elbows, knees, ankles, chest, lower stomach, hair, so many on my hips and backside! They are mainly raised but some are just pinpricks under the skin. Itchy/hot.

Could this be an allergic reaction? Any reaction I've had before makes me wheeze but this hasn't. My other thoughts are contact dermatitis but I'm not sure why I'm covered head to toe as I haven't used anything different. Or it might be just viral?

Anyone fancy speculating with me? Pharmacist said to ask GP for strong antihistamines tomorrow as the one I took today has had no effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now