Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eye Ptosis

(3 Posts)
loopyloo87 Sun 24-Jan-16 20:27:40

Hi ,I have mild Ptosis in my right eye which I believe was caused by trauma about 5 years ago as I haven't always had it...I have spoken to a Dr at the eye hospital and he suggested that I put an op yo lift it on hold as their not always successful. .I've tried researching successful ops but not getting far ..Has anyone had a ptosis op was it successful the first time ?

barleysugar Sun 24-Jan-16 20:33:14

You'd find it very difficult to get surgery done on the NHS for it as it's seen as cosmetic, and you have to jump through so many hoops!

Does it bother you very much?

loopyloo87 Sun 24-Jan-16 20:49:21

Its very noticeable when I'm tired & sometimes when I'm talking to people I feel as if they notice it..
The consultant said that it could get worse they took photos & measurements when I had the accident.Basically my then toddler accidently poked me in the eye damaging three layers of my cornea a few months later I noticed the eyelid drooping .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now