Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tetanus risk?

(3 Posts)
Notthinkingclearly Sun 24-Jan-16 18:03:08

Dm went for walk with ds and had a stick go through her jeans into leg. Only tiny little bit of blood but bit of a graze/puncture with brusing. Cleaned well and sprayed with iodine. Only had 3 tetanus vaccines last one being around 20 years ago. Last one she felt a bit faint and light headed directly afterwards. Should I push her to go to GP's tomorrow? Wound didn't look dirty prior to bathing.

TheFuzz Sun 24-Jan-16 23:39:31

Worth getting done. I pick up that many cuts from DIY and especially gardening I never need to worry. If she is that out of date it's worth a booster. Speak to the GP for advice.

Notthinkingclearly Tue 26-Jan-16 14:22:27

Oh dear only just read your advice. She hasn't been to GP but said wound looks fine now. Stick did make a hole in Jeans though.Should I still make her go or is it to late now 48 hours later?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now