Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help

(5 Posts)
Amy214 Wed 20-Jan-16 15:06:31

Im due to get my tonsils removed and i have piercings i cant remove! I can take my nose one out but my tragus and rook (cartilage in ears) i cant take out because they are in funny places, would they let me leave them in and put tape over them? I dont really want to take them out because they took so long to heal and i love them! but if i have to i will because i am tired of the repeated throat infections sad

MooseAndSquirrel Wed 20-Jan-16 20:08:56

when I worked in hospitals, they would make you take them out. In my experience even if you ask/explain most doctors take ear piercings as easily removed never understanding how quick they can close up and how awkward they are!
As much as i loathed relaying the messages when requested, as I understood why its not simple, there normally isn't much choice!

hiddenhome2 Thu 21-Jan-16 10:43:27

I wonder if they'd let you put plastic retainers in and then tape over them. You can buy clear ones.

I can't see how that would present a problem.

Amy214 Thu 21-Jan-16 14:02:53

They are in very awkward places i would need to get a piercer to take them out before i go for the op

hiddenhome2 Thu 21-Jan-16 16:49:01

Yes, go to the piercing place and ask them to do this for you. You can ask them to charge you for their time, or they may be happy to do it as a favour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now