Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help

(5 Posts)
Amy214 Wed 20-Jan-16 15:06:31

Im due to get my tonsils removed and i have piercings i cant remove! I can take my nose one out but my tragus and rook (cartilage in ears) i cant take out because they are in funny places, would they let me leave them in and put tape over them? I dont really want to take them out because they took so long to heal and i love them! but if i have to i will because i am tired of the repeated throat infections sad

MooseAndSquirrel Wed 20-Jan-16 20:08:56

when I worked in hospitals, they would make you take them out. In my experience even if you ask/explain most doctors take ear piercings as easily removed never understanding how quick they can close up and how awkward they are!
As much as i loathed relaying the messages when requested, as I understood why its not simple, there normally isn't much choice!

hiddenhome2 Thu 21-Jan-16 10:43:27

I wonder if they'd let you put plastic retainers in and then tape over them. You can buy clear ones.

I can't see how that would present a problem.

Amy214 Thu 21-Jan-16 14:02:53

They are in very awkward places i would need to get a piercer to take them out before i go for the op

hiddenhome2 Thu 21-Jan-16 16:49:01

Yes, go to the piercing place and ask them to do this for you. You can ask them to charge you for their time, or they may be happy to do it as a favour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now