Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain after wisdom tooth extraction

(7 Posts)
WhataRacquet Mon 18-Jan-16 00:34:29

Had lower wisdom tooth removed last Monday under GA. was ok for first couple of days but now I'm in agony with pain going into my ear. Taking paracetamol and ibuprofen but not helping.

I don't think it's dry socket as the pain seems to be coming from my jaw, which is very clicky.

Would the dentist be able to do anything for me if I can get an appointment tomorrow?

FanjofortheMammaries Mon 18-Jan-16 02:06:12

It probably is dry socket. Definitely get an appointment and they can pack it which will help immediately.

WhataRacquet Mon 18-Jan-16 13:24:57

Thanks Fanjo. Been to dentist. Not dry socket, phew!, it's inflamed tissue so I've been given stronger antibiotics which should clear it up.

FanjofortheMammaries Mon 18-Jan-16 14:15:18

Oh I'm glad to hear that. Hope it eases

Natkingcole9 Mon 18-Jan-16 21:59:58

This happened to me and anti biotic helped. Sit tight, take good painkillers and try and rest and sleep loads. nurophen plus (over the counter) was the only thing that truly helped me. Its strong stuff so take it with food etc. and read the instructions lol! Hope you get ease soon OP xx

WhataRacquet Mon 18-Jan-16 22:52:05

Thanks Nat. Wish I could fast forward to next week!

Natkingcole9 Mon 18-Jan-16 23:02:33

I know it's horrible. Once it heals all being well that will be it all over, I've had no more bother from mine smileflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now