Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please don't panic about gallbladder surgery!

(1 Post)
Alboyuk Sat 16-Jan-16 02:02:26

I found the most helpful experiences regarding gallbladder removal whilst searching the internet was on this site. This was my 1st operation and to say I was scared was an understatement! I felt I should return my experience to anyone who cannot be more scared than I was. Today, I was almost crying on the way to the op theatre(that's us blokes for you!). I eventually had the anaesthetic whilst being virtually cuddled by a nurse! I then remember saying ' ooh the lights are going wavey' then, to my disbelief I woke up, all done! 45 minutes felt like 2 seconds! I even jokingly moaned at the recovery nurse for waking me as I was having a lovely dream about owning a big house!! Weird! I went home 3 hours later after drinking and weeing. I was starving, the post op pain is a tenth of the gallstone attack pain Brilliant its finally done after 6 months wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now