Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just been diagnosed with CFS

(6 Posts)
Realitea Fri 15-Jan-16 14:33:45

I do have anxiety, it's probably worse than the doctors realise but I deal with it well, I think. I try to be as positive as I can and ride it out when it gets too bad. I think it's linked to my hormones as it's always worse just after my period, for about a week.
On top of this though, I get extreme fatigue. I've had it for years, I haven't been able to work or anything. The most I can do at the moment is drop off dd to school and pick her up. That's it. I don't drink, don't go out, have IBS too which has been known to be linked to CFS.
My GP thinks it's CFS as we went through the symptoms and I had all of them. He's going to contact me again after speaking with some other GP's with more experience of it.
But how do I know it's not anxiety causing it or the other way round?
Last week I had terrible anxiety, the worst i've had in ages. I had intrusive thoughts, panic attacks, shaking at night.. This week I have flu symptoms but without the streaming nose and eyes and temperature that you usually get.
Does anyone have any experience of CFS and anxiety? Are the two linked?

Realitea Fri 15-Jan-16 15:25:23

Anyone? sad

gingeroots Fri 15-Jan-16 16:00:38

So sorry to hear of your health problems . CFS is such a cruel life limiting disease . Anxiety is pretty sh*t too .

Have you seen this www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/2469596-Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome-ME-Fibromyalgia-for-support thread ? I'm sure you'll find people there who know what you're going through .

Keep your chin up ,flowers brew cake

Realitea Fri 15-Jan-16 16:17:46

Thank you, I didn't know about that thread!

Pleasemrstweedie Sat 16-Jan-16 11:33:46

On what basis has your GP diagnosed CFS? What tests have you had?

Have all vitamin and mineral deficiencies, thyroid and adrenal issues been ruled out?

Pleasemrstweedie Sat 16-Jan-16 11:34:52

Sorry, I hit 'post' too soon.

I was diagnosed with CFS when actually I had all three if those things going on and I am now fully recovered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now