Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mid cycle bleeding anyone? Worried.

(3 Posts)
Cakecrumbsinmybra Fri 15-Jan-16 13:27:14

For the last few years I have always bled a bit around ovulation time, it has always coincided with the bloating and side pains. It started after DS1 10 years ago, went away after DS2 and came back about 3 years ago.

I'm now 41 and the last few months it's been a bit heavier. And right now it is even worse. I know I'm ovulating because its the right time, I've got a pain in my side and I'm bloated. But I know that mid month bleeding can be a perimenopausal thing.

I've booked a Drs app for Tues, but in the meantime has anyone experienced quite heavy mid month bleeding? It's not like a full on period, which are really heavy these days, but enough to make me worried. sad

Thanks.

angemorange Fri 15-Jan-16 13:44:36

I've experienced this over past two years or so, as well as cycle becoming much shorter. I went to Dr - basically I'm not in perimenopause (I'm 42) but there can be other causes such as fibroids etc.

I had a few tests which drew a blank and I'm waiting for a scan.

It is worrying - but hopefully your Dr can give you an idea of what it could be. Good luck! smile

Cakecrumbsinmybra Fri 15-Jan-16 14:08:02

Thanks angemorange, I'm feeling really annoyed with myself because I had an app booked a few months ago and cancelled it because I'm busy.

Good luck to you too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now