Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

worried father to be..

(6 Posts)
Beeb88 Fri 15-Jan-16 12:58:42

Hi I've came on a site like this as i can't stop worrying about how my unborn child is doing? my GF is 9 weeks on saturday and I just can't stop thinking that any pain she has is bad or the fact that she hasn't bled at all might be bad or if she did bleed it could be bad! its my first child and I'm a natural worrier anyway but this is by far the most stressful. My girlfriend is saying that if anything was wrong then she would feel it or know as its a womans instinct, i just need reassurance and just advice on how to deal with it!!

Hassled Fri 15-Jan-16 13:04:32

9 weeks is very early days so no-one can tell you it will all definitely be fine, and this level of worry isn't going to help anyone, especially not your GF who will need you to be calm and supportive. And of course when the baby comes along there will be a whole raft of new things to fret about.

I do sympathise - I'm one of life's natural worriers too, but you have to learn to manage it. So maybe a chat with your GP about coping with anxiety would be a good idea?

PurpleDaisies Fri 15-Jan-16 13:11:49

maybe a chat with your GP about coping with anxiety would be a good idea?

I think this is really good advice. Have you had issues with worrying a lot before? CBT can help with anxiety. It's a good idea to learn some strategies to help you cope with worrying before the baby comes as there'll be lots of potentially anxiety inducing situations to come. Congratulations on your baby by the way.

Beeb88 Fri 15-Jan-16 13:28:43

Oh yeah i agree I'm not making a massive deal about it in front of my GF as you say she needs me to be calm which i understand and i am always strong for her but behind closed doors or whilst I'm at work i can't stop thinking about what if? I'm so excited about the future and i already am a father to my GF's previous daughter as her father is a no show.. so i am comfortable that i can handle the many things after 9 months. But i just am being silly thinking about why this and why not that as i haven't experienced the pregnancy part before but i really appreiciate the advice and i will go to my GP for some help or advice.

Realitea Fri 15-Jan-16 14:26:56

It's natural to worry and hope that everything turns out ok. It shows you care and you're going to be a very sensitive, caring dad! Definitely go and talk to your GP, also can you go with your GF to her appointments just for some reassurance.
Look forward to the future!

MatildaTheCat Sun 17-Jan-16 10:23:50

Definitely get some help with your anxiety. Even the most normal pregnancy comes with aches and pains and discomfort. If you feel like this now how will you cope with the worry of a real live baby? They are quite scary to even the most chilled individual.

Talk you your GP and work on this or it will really spoil what should be a lovely time in your life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now