Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

blood test abnormal serum c reactive protein level

(6 Posts)
SlapACatFuckADuck Wed 13-Jan-16 15:57:59

So my gp thought I had gallstones so sent me for a blood test everything has come back fine apart from she's said I have abnormal serum c reactive protein level, the person I spoke to Didn't know what this meant and neither do I. Any help? I assume it's not serious as she didn't think I need a GP appointment!

Any help?

Spacebound Wed 13-Jan-16 16:08:55

It detects inflammation in the body

SlapACatFuckADuck Wed 13-Jan-16 16:10:23

Oh so not serious then? could that be link to the suspected gallstones?

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Wed 13-Jan-16 16:13:58

On its own it can be nothing of significance. It's often referred to as the "Completely Random Protein"

SlapACatFuckADuck Wed 13-Jan-16 16:27:24

What do you mean by on its own? The blood test was order because I kept getting sharp stabbing pain in my lower chest/ upper abdomen, went through to the right hand side when she pressed it. Was so sharp when it came on it was hard to breath and has been going on since the 1/1

Sorry for all the questions

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Wed 13-Jan-16 16:57:21

Sorry. I meant a raised CRP is not clinically significant (nothing to get excited about) if all other blood results are normal. CRP is often looked at alongside results such as White Cells & Neutraphils, which may show if there's an infection somewhere. Your CRP can be raised in response to many things including a common cold or even stress.
I'm not really in a position to suggest what may have caused your pain, but if you still have symptoms then pls do go back to your GP
Sorry to be so vague & really no help at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now